 Trains / 4042
Re: Does your train layout move?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 13:57:27 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <389D0754.5C6ED094@voyager.net>...
Mike Walsh wrote:

[ ... snipped ... ]

I assume you: have no cats that might be doing it, evilcreatures... and
that you are running trains. If you're  cat free and not running trains
I dunno.

But I can see layouts move even on top of carpet. When a train is
running, it tends to deform the track outwards when it goes around
curves. For whatever reason it seems not to be a completely return to
center motion. Depending on whim, or the shape of the layout, or slight
slopes in the floor (I don't know which) the layout walks in one
direction.

I am surprised that the layout moves on top of the rug instead of moving
the rug itself across the floor, though. Or does your rug have a
rubberized bottom?

We do have a cat but she is old and for the most part stays out of my
office.  For some reason she shows no interest in the train at all.  The
carpet itself is a 5'x10' area rug that has my desk chair on it as well as
one of the legs from my desk.  The carpet doesn't move, but the layout sure
does.  I was just looking at it again, it was probably moved three to four
inches in a two week period of time.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh