 Trains / 3956
  Spoked Train Wheels?

Does anyone have anything I could use for a locomotives train wheels? Those red spoked wheels I keep seeing on peoples locomotives are nice. Are they in fact Lego pieces? If your not sure what I'm talking about click on the link below, then on (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spoked Train Wheels?

(...) Yes. Lego made several sizes of red and black spoked wheels. Past tense. It has been a long time since any sets having these have been part of current production. (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spoked Train Wheels?

(...) These spoked wheels (for e.g. used in "Hobby sets" like 390 Cadillac) cause some trouble on points and track crossings. But the look really great, even if they might be a little to big: if you try to build a steam engine with 4 big wheeled (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spoked Train Wheels?

(...) A few questions about this o-ring technique. Did he put an o-ring around the outer flange on the rim? Where did he get these o-rings? I noticed that they are also red. Did they come this color or did he paint them? I've been using these type (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spoked Train Wheels?

(...) Dear John Torsten has made the outer red rings (with a big flange) on a lathe from plastic material you can buy in any diameters (he used 50mm round material of red PVC). Only to fix these outer rings on the spoked wheels he uses O-rings: You (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spoked Train Wheels?

Thanks for the information people! I'll keep my eyes open for some of those spoked wheels. George. (24 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)