 Trains / 3497
    Re: Automatic decoupler designs? —Ed McGlynn
   (...) That'd be great, Frank! I generated a few flimsy Kadee/LEGO conversion prototypes, but I need to beef them up before they withstand contant use. My kids destroy them in no time, and thus function as excellent beta testers for my designs. I (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Automatic decoupler designs? —Jeff Christner
   (...) The Kadee couplers I modified to use on my LEGO train layout worked perfectly. I never had a Kadee coupler break off from the bricks it was attached to, even when coupling very hard to the car, nor did I ever experience any coupler problems (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Automatic decoupler designs? —Ed McGlynn
     (...) have (...) Jeff - That's a very good reference page - please leave it intact a little while longer. Great photography to catch those details. A few questions, if I may... 1. I used the same Kadee couplers you did, and glued them on center to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Automatic decoupler designs? —Jeff Christner
     (...) The covers of the Kadee coupler boxes are held together with a touch on each side by a soldering iron, melting the plastic together along the whole length of the coupler box. You can super glue them of course, but depending on the type of (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Automatic decoupler designs? —Christian Holtje
   * Jeff Christner (regult@aol.com) [000106 16:25]: (...) Jeff: If you put it up on (URL) you won't have to keep it on your site and others can add to it. You can upload pictures and everything. :) If you don't want to do that, can you tell me why? As (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Automatic decoupler designs? —Peter Kraus
   Kadee is short for Keith and Dale (the K and the D) Edwards, the gentlemen that originated the Kadee couplers for model railroading. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)