 Trains / 31576
  Re: LMC - update

"Photos or it didn't happen." OK here's some more photos! :) Both major walls in place and wired (mostly). The garage door is visible too! Off to the side you can see the 36" door waiting to be hung. (URL) Photo from the other direction. The Display (...) (12 years ago, 23-Feb-12, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LMC - update

(...) [ apologies for being a geek ] Is it okay to pull wires horisontally in walls in the US? In DK the only place you are allowed to pull wires in walls is vertically in the space directly above and below a visible wall-plug or contact. Play well, (...) (12 years ago, 23-Feb-12, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LMC - update - wiring, off topic

(...) Yes, it is OK in the US to pull wires horizontally. If they are more than 1 1/2 inches (about 3.75 cm) from the edge of the stud (which is 3 1/2" thick on interior walls) they they need to be protected by a metal plate so that screws or nails (...) (12 years ago, 23-Feb-12, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LMC - update - wiring, off topic

(...) My facts are from Sweden, but I suspect we are following the euro norm. Old wiring is two wires - 'phase' and 'earth' - that's 220 (or rather 230) Volts in one wire and 'return' in the other. New wiring, old outdoor or wet room wiring have an (...) (12 years ago, 23-Feb-12, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LMC - update - wiring, off topic

(...) It is the same in Denmark. (I must admit that I am bad at remembering which colour wire goes where, which means that I occasionally trigger the safety breaker when mounting ceiling lamps.) Play well, Jacob (12 years ago, 24-Feb-12, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LMC - update - wiring, off topic

[snipped] Same is true for Germany (whole Europe (as common in many fields UK probably excluded?)shares a power grit to overcome local power shortages, so I guess we all have more or less the same system with 230V at 50Hz). For the 380V system it is (...) (12 years ago, 24-Feb-12, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LMC - update - wiring, off topic

(...) Never trust the color of the wire - measure first, or rather remove the fuse! (12 years ago, 24-Feb-12, to lugnet.trains)