 Trains / 31225
Re: Ararat 1972
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:10:34 GMT

   Fantastic layout, Tim! I love all of the details; especially the track (;-), although I do think that you guys need to do a little 1x1 plate greebling around the track beds to break up the uniform stud pattern.

Is the plan to detail all around the loop, or leave the backside hidden?

Really well done! Spotlighted!

JOHN

Hi John,

I hear you on the 1x1 plates although I think the ballast round Victoria is quite smooth which is why it doesn’t have them. Mike built the track and as one of the most pedantic train builders I know I assume he had a reason ;)

Actually the whole thing is now destroyed so there’s no plans to do anything. Mike and I live 1800km apart so it was a one-off for the convention. We are thinking about doing another layout next year though.

But again I think it will just be one side. I much prefer the ‘cutting’ style of layout as it gives a more realistic look and allows one to completely ignore the grid.

Tim