 Trains / 31212
Re: Basic Train Elements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:47:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Benn Coifman wrote:

Yep, that looks about right (I got the same price when I just checked) and I
believe the axles are correct (though you could call customer service to be
sure, or given the ambiguity online, call them after the fact if any problems
arise and they would likely correct any problems).

In terms of your list, two things to note, first remember you are paying a
premium on PAB, so the more common parts might be found cheaper elsewhere,
e.g., the 2x6 plates. If you are only building one car it might not matter,
but if you are building dozens it does. Second, note the size difference of
the two Train Bases, the black one is 6x24 while the dark gray one is 6x28.
---

Benn - I hear you on the common parts. I listed it just for price comparison
with the older pack. I also indicated both Train bases as fyi for anyone else in
my situation.

It does look like I have the right axle. Will confirm if there is a problem,
once I get the parts and try it out!

I also realized that I did not break up the constituent parts for the wheels
paired up, so here it is:

              Train Wheel =  1.92 (8)
          Bearing Element =  2.72 (4)
Prepack Flat With 2 Axles =  3.46 (2)
                    Total = $8.10 (4)

BTW: I went for the shorter train base (black colour one), since I can always
extend it by a couple of studs on either end using other parts.

Thanks,
Ram