 Trains / 31120
Re: Toy Story Train comments?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2010 07:48:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   That’s good to know. I haven’t gotten one yet, and would like to run it as unaltered as possible.

I can think of one alteration you’d want to make. They retooled the control stick base sometime in the last couple years, and the new bases are really loose, which causes them to push free over time, even if you’re not fiddling with them. Traveling with them is certain to make the control sticks that are mounted to either side of the cowcatcher to pop free, where older bases will grab on for dear life.

   Given the news of a new PF train motor as revealed by Holger Matthes in THIS POST, I believe that putting the red driver wheels into this baby will be pretty standard stuff.

Apparently this is true. Now I’d just an easy and compact solution for having this motor draw power directly from the tracks.