 Trains / 3109
Re: Wild West Trains posted!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 05:48:26 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3852BA1D.EEECFB3C@voyager.net>...
If you want to model a monster, model a Virginian triplex (2-8-8-8-0,
three articulated sets of drivers, 4 axles each) or the Jawn Henry. Or
even a big boy. But those aren't really doable due to curve radius.

I remember always drooling over the big boy every time I picked up an AHM
catalog. I've never broke down and bought one though, primarily because I've
never been into big iron mainline modeling. I have seen on in person though.
There is a train museum in Dallas which has one. It sure is big. I had
difficulty getting a good picture of it because you can't get far enough
away from it, I had to take a picture from near the nose, looking down the
length.

Nowadays I live near where another one of the largest locomotives ever used
was used, living in Norfolk Southern country.

Frank