 Trains / 3100
    Re: Wild West Trains posted! —Daniel Siskind
   Sorry about the last "blank" post... had too much coffee this afternoon... (...) Yes the drive wheels on the locomotives are made with stacked pulleys, with rubber "tires" from the Twisted Time Train keeping it on the rails. One side has 3 pulleys (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Wild West Trains posted! —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Well, actually, I'd tend to disagree. By the onset of the civil war, many locomotives had switched to the 4-4-0 wheel arrangement and had much longer boilers. Since the leading truck supported the smokebox, most of the boiler would be out from (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Wild West Trains posted! —Daniel Siskind
      (...) Actually all of the above are completely doable. When I built my locomotives I actually built a prototype with three articulated sets of drive wheels (in pairs, but bigger combinations are possible). I plan on building larger, "over the road" (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Wild West Trains posted! —Frank Filz
    Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3852BA1D.EEECFB3C@v...er.net>... (...) I remember always drooling over the big boy every time I picked up an AHM catalog. I've never broke down and bought one though, primarily because I've never been into big iron (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)