 Trains / 30839
  Re: 8879 no more?

(...) Hi Jordan, Thanks, that's good to know. At least it will be coming back reasonably soon. Presumably the collection will come back along with it. (...) Rich, But, is the 8885 proportional? I thought it was just on/off. I have a couple so I (...) (15 years ago, 3-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8879 no more?

(...) I'd say it's no biggie since you can just keep turning the orange knob until you're happy with the speed. A bigger problem would be that the 8879 I had a chance to play with a while back (I'm still waiting for mine, ordered within 12 hours of (...) (15 years ago, 23-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8879 no more?

(...) I had the train reverse on me too, but it was only when the speed was close to zero. So, I assumed I had just clicked twice, and gone from +1 to -1. The issue about losing signals due to line-of-site communication has another side to it. If (...) (15 years ago, 24-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)