 Trains / 30825
Re: Is the Emerald Night (PF) Slow?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2009 07:56:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bruce S. Chamberlain wrote:

Slower is more realistic and will not derail on corners.

Some of the late steam era passenger trains could manage quite a pace.  Besides,
the occasional catastrophic LEGO train derailment can be kinda fun!  With the
maximum speed I am generating, derailment is not a risk.

The better question is how many cars
can it pull slowly and how long does the battery last?

Absolutely true.  Unfortunately my rolling stock is in deep storage (for reasons
too long to explain), so I cannot put that to the test.  With luck, the lack of
speed I am experiencing with the XL motor will be offset by torque and pulling
power.  I have yet to run the battery down myself, but from what I have read
elsewhere, battery time should be satisfactory for my purposes.

Thanks, more input is welcomed!