 Trains / 30769
    Re: New Flexible Track Pieces (was: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?) —Mark Bellis
   (...) The latest flexi-track picture (URL) shows check rails inside the running rails. This might be OK for tram tracks through streets, or maybe dockyards, but what about main rail lines? If you are a public exhibitor of LEGO trains, are check (...) (15 years ago, 17-Mar-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: New Flexible Track Pieces (was: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?) —Stefan Garcia
     I'm hoping for the non-checkrail version. It's not a dealbreaker, but on top of the color change from regular 9V (since I'm not ready to stock up on RC, just to add the new stuff to the old and switch the motors), the transition to checkrail track (...) (15 years ago, 17-Mar-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: New Flexible Track Pieces (was: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?) —Anthony Sava
     (...) I'm not a fan of the checkrail either, but if we're going to be forced to have it, I'm hoping LEGO will be smart about it. If the checkrail was done right, then you could run a dual gauge layout - normal trains on the outside rail, narrow (...) (15 years ago, 18-Mar-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Narrow Gauge (Was Re: New Flexible Track Pieces...) —Richie Dulin
     (...) Well, not so much creating the gauge, as producing dedicated parts for the gauge. The rail gauge has been used previously, most recently in: [LEGOSet 7036] And before that in: [LEGOSet 6761] And, possibly, even way back in: [LEGOSet 360-1] (...) (15 years ago, 18-Mar-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: New Flexible Track Pieces (was: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?) —Elroy Davis
   (...) I don't see myself using this in long strips together, so I don't think it'll be much of a problem. Instead, I see myself using one or two in between pieces of straight track to get certain geometries. For public shows, I doubt we'll use this (...) (15 years ago, 18-Mar-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: New Flexible Track Pieces (was: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?) —Jeff Van Winden
   (...) I thought I read something somewhere that this track would allow it do quicker inclines and declines, Dues the new track have a bit of a bend to it? or is it simply the fact that it is four studs long, so the track pivots at the connection (...) (15 years ago, 17-Apr-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)