 Trains / 30634
30633  |  30635
Subject:
Ballast Studies & Guides for LEGO 9V Train Track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2009 05:33:49 GMT

After months of planning this, I finally had some time to get my ballast studies completed for LEGO 9V straight, curve, and switch track. I have posted pictures along with LDraw generated guide sheets at my MOCPages Page. Many thanks go out to Ted and Susan Michon and the whole SCLTC crew for giving me the inspiration to do these. Ted provided me with the guide SCLTC uses for their curves. However, the SCLTC scheme just didn’t quite match what I had done with the straight track on my layout. So, I created me own design and documented it in LDraw so that others can benefit. Here’s a sample of the ballasted switch.

Straight Track Ballast Study

Curve Track Ballast Study

Switch Track Ballast Study

Questions and comments are appreciated. I also have the LDraw files available and will likely make them available over at the RailBricks site within the next few days. Please credit ToT-LUG if you decide to reproduce the guide sheets.

Happy New Year!

-Dave

Tot-LUG