 Trains / 30330
Re: Long time away, new layout in making
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 12:02:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
   Hi, I’ve been noticing your models on Brickshelf for a while. There’s some really nice details although the purist in me has doubts about the stickers/paint! Your recently uploaded 08s have some really nice texturing plus of course having coupling rods.

Tim (another brickish member

Appologies for the delay in replying, I have been away again! Thanks for the comments guys, its a welcome reward after the time spent building. In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:

really nice details although the purist in me has doubts about the stickers/paint!

They are vinyl stickers, mainly simple stripes so easily removed. The purist in myself would agree with you also, but the other part of me thinks, if Lego produce stickers in their products, then I have no problem with using them in my creations, as, after all, they are ultimately built for my own personal tastes. :)

In lugnet.trains, David Tabner wrote:
   Nice trains. Hopefully we will see them at an event/display soon.

   BTW Brickish is very expensive - you’ll be paying a lot of money. Not the membership fee (which is small) but from the many opportunities, that being a part of the UK association gives, to buy more Lego!

I hope you will too :) I should be sorting the membership out this week.

In lugnet.trains, Scott Lyttle wrote:
   Going to give you a photography tip. Your digital camera probably has a “macro” feature.

Thanks, only one of them does. I was experimenting for the first time with the auto focus on one of the 2 cameras my partner has, hence the pretty dire pictures in some of my folders. Her other camera does have a macro, hopefully you will see the difference in some of the engine shed pictures taken using it. Brickshelf folder when public http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=327214

I had a peek at some of your galleries, you have some quite impressive photography, especially the motion capture images.

Carl