 Trains / 30143 (-5)
  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) Even if it's a different firmware version of the IR link that does not have a timeout feature - that would be an intersting stop-gap. Ralph (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) The nice thing is that the IRLink is a module by itself and there is nothing preventing LEGO from making a module that accepts radio signals in the future. Probably, I'd end up suggesting Bluetooth or Zigbee over Wifi, or even a proprietary (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) I agree that IR is not ideal for all the reasons previously listed. I hope WiFi is a consideration for a later release. Line of site controlers just are not practical for large layouts but I would guess we will find a way to manage. The (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) This was precisely what I was discussing with Abner at a recent show. What happens with the IR trains at a show like Brickworld? I have to admit that it will be pretty funny to mess another layout's trains...for the first 5 minutes. Once the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) Several people, myself included, have tried Lithium camera batteries in the RC trains. They run for 4-6 hours, and can be recharged in 15 minutes. I would hope that the Lego battery box would be similar. That, coupled with fixing the traction (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact