 Trains / 29833 (-20)
  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) It could, but I'm not sure what the increase in cost would be. IR is extremely mature technology, and can be done without and special hardware; very, very cheap, yet (within its limitations) fairly robust (especially LEGO implementation of it, (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) Ohh...my wife and I have a deal, I can have as many steam engines as she has animals. (+1, which I had before her!). So, at present I have 2 large engines here. There's a 3rd one that I part own, but it isn't here...hence, it doesn't count. (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Self assembly wheels

I know these aren't exactly new, but I just got my first sets as part of the Hobby train. I didn't build the krocodile fromt he printed instructions and when I got to the wheelset I wasn't sure if they had axles or not. Referring to the instructions (...) (17 years ago, 27-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) <snip> (...) Very good! That is exactly what I was thinking. I work a lot with AVR's, too, so I'm happy to see you made the "right" choice in microcontrollers :) -dave (17 years ago, 27-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rutland Gondola

(...) Nice car. My only suggestion is that you might want to take a black magic marker and go around the edges of the stickers after cutting but before application. Benn (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  One Day Show Sunday

Well, we are all set up for our winter one day show, and we have a few new surprises in store to boot! If you can't make it by, look for pics right after Christmas! JOHN (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) Ha, I had to build a bridge to complete my current layout- (URL) It's a suspension bridge, as it takes a oodle of parts to make any other total lego solution to 3+ m bridges. James Powell (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rutland Gondola

(...) [...] (...) [...] (...) Great gondola Elroy. I can't wait to see it. Chris (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rutland Gondola

(...) I'm a sucker for plain, well-textured freight wagons and this one is a great example. With custom bogies I think it would be perfect. Tim (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) Thanks Jonathan - I'm happy to get some feedback on it since I really was a bit unsure lately whether this behemoth was worth all the time and effort. But maybe I will finally get it finished (with all the fine-tuning that is) to show it on a (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) Hi John, actually I remember having seen (and admired) your bridge - what kept me from simply being the old copycat was for one the sheer lack of appropriate bricks and on the other hand the fact that bridges like these are not exactly (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) technic bridge! I also know of the woes of building an awesome bridge, and then not even being able to use it on one's layout:-( But it is fantastic that the kids are coming into the age of being able to participate in your LEGO hobby! It is (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) Nice. It is nice and beefy - but not too beefy. I find a lot of technic built bridges to be a bit to big and clunky for my taste but this has a nice feel and size to it IMO. I wish TLG made sand blue/sand green/teal technic bricks. That would (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rutland Gondola

(...) Hi Elroy, I am really impressed by the realistic look of this creation - very nice detail. I wish LEGO would make train cars like these (or rather I wish they won't, budget is already more than tight ;) ) Great work. Jerry (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Rutland Gondola

I'm slowly adding to my collection of vintage Rutland locos and cars. The latest is a Rutland gondola, based on an old photo found (URL), and an n-scale version pictured (URL) here>. (2 URLs) NELUG Gallery> The sides of the gondola are built from (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.org.us.nelug, FTX) !!

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) I already did something very close. I reversed engineer the IR protocol of the Power Functions and created a small device that can both send and receive IR commands. The components in this device probably cost around $10-15 (but excluding the (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  My attempt at a railway bridge

Hi all, I always meant to show this - but didn't manage to translate the describing page to English. Anyway, it's finally done (the page, that is - the bridge itself is still a work-in-progress). Enjoy: (URL) not architecturally thrilling, but it's (...) (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) It's those smaller, sharp and pointy objects that I'm worried about actually... plus I've got a couple confessions yet to make about my other hobby (there are some more saxophones in this house than she is aware of... ;-) ) But I've got the (...) (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) If someone can get hold of Mark Riley and have him 'fix up' LDCC to be 'Power Functions/RC Train' IR compatible instead of DCC, that'd be a quick fix :) The rest is already built in--remote control, LACC, etc... Dave K (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) I've got to say if I muttered those words aloud, my wife would likely come at me with a large blunt object :). But I agree - I need to lay hands on an IR train and start working out more of this myself as well. (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact