 Trains / 29637
  LTC question

Hello train-heads, I'm interested in forming my own LTC, and I wanted to know if anyone could advise me on the procedure, or direct me the info somewhere else. My LUG brought a train layout to the NWBC, and I thought it would be cool to have an LTC (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LTC question

(...) I'm not exactly sure that there's a formal requirement for having an LTC. I always just assumed it meant that a group of people got together and built train layouts. But I could be wrong... Tim PS. Is that KeithLTC or NevLTC? (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LTC question

(...) I can't believe you'd even ask me that question Tim. With an ego the size of Montana, do your really think I'd use a geographical location in my LTC title? KeithLUG defies conventional geo-political boundaries: well...we have 3 Canadian (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LTC question

(...) Sorry. (...) Do you mean an LTC that will be recognised by ILTCO? Given that you could legally change your name to KeithLTC and can walk around calling yourself whatever you want I assume you can have KeithLTC without any hassles. Having it (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LTC question

(...) Just get an engraved brick with "KeithLTC" and voila--instant legitimacy--at least in my eyes. lol Tommy Armstrong The BrickEngraver (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LTC question

(...) Keith: LUG/LTC Potato/Poe-tah-to. It's just a name. But you need a cool name. Most LTCs have gone with names that identify their geographic location. And preferably an acro for which you can secure the domain name (usually .org) And then you (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LTC question

(...) Tim, Apology accepted, and maybe I should actually thank you for giving me the benifit of the doubt that my ego is NOT the size of Montana, and perhaps more like the size of say...Vatican City? Hmmm...I would consider the name-change, but (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LTC question

(...) John, of course i knew all that, I think it's pretty obvious. I'm pretty stuck on calling it KeithLTC, but I really like the fallen flag idea too. I'll do a little research into famous Nevada trains, do you think you can make a hellish union (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LTC question

(...) My point was simply as good a builder as you are, there is really no valid reason you could not call yourself a club--except perhaps for the definition of a "club". (URL) group of persons organized for a social, literary, athletic, political, (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LTC question

(...) Time will tell; sounds like an interesting project! (...) Well, there are several categories of ILTCO recognition. Even now you could contact the website and be listed in the "Aware" category. To be recognized as an "Affiliate" or "Active" (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LTC question

(...) End is the word I'd use. I'll get to the ILTCO site and continue my quest to become a recognized LTC. Thanks John. -Keith (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LTC question

(...) Thanks for the insightful reply Tommy. If I do get the recognition I so desperately crave, I will certainly go to you for all my KeithLUG / KeithLTC brick engraving needs. I'm already thinking of all the tag-lines to come out of that weekend (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)