 Trains / 29643
Re: LTC question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 20:38:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Keith Goldman wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:

I’m not exactly sure that there’s a formal requirement for having an LTC. I always just assumed it meant that a group of people got together and built train layouts.

But I could be wrong...

Tim

PS. Is that KeithLTC or NevLTC?

I can’t believe you’d even ask me that question Tim. With an ego the size of Montana, do your really think I’d use a geographical location in my LTC title? KeithLUG defies conventional geo-political boundaries: well...we have 3 Canadian members, and who knows where Nannan is actually from, so I’ll be calling it KeithLTC.

Sorry.

   Thanks for the info, be it right or wrong, I received so much conflicting info at the fest that I felt compelled to ask.

If anyone else has conflicting info, I’d be interested in hearing it.

Thanks, fellow train-heads.

-Keith

Do you mean an LTC that will be recognised by ILTCO?

Given that you could legally change your name to KeithLTC and can walk around calling yourself whatever you want I assume you can have KeithLTC without any hassles. Having it recognised outside your circle of friends might be more difficult (much like the trouble I’ve had being identified as world famous by anyone but myself).

Tim

Tim,

Apology accepted, and maybe I should actually thank you for giving me the benifit of the doubt that my ego is NOT the size of Montana, and perhaps more like the size of say...Vatican City?

Hmmm...I would consider the name-change, but maybe I’ll wait and hand that honor down to my son (should I ever have one).

My mission is indeed to become my own LTC, with all appropriate ruffles, flourishes, and “official recognition”. What’s the point in engraving a brick, (as our merchant-friend suggested I should sport) if it’s all a lie. I mean, life-clock is a lie....and Last Day is a lie, after all, and I don’t want any unflattering comparisons to Life-Clock and Last Day.

So, I might as well give my argument for admission:

1. I brought a train / diorama to a major American fest: NWBC

2. I received at least 4 write in votes for “Best train” (I was only one). There would have been 25, but they had a “judges panel”. Even though I ended up on the panel, I was foiled in my ham-fisted attempt at ballot-fraud.

3. My train took me at at least 3 hours to build.

4. I have a gang of cronies (24 T-Shirts worth) who will swear under oath that they are active members of the LTC.

5. I now love trains! Yes, true, it took the John Carpenter classic: Ghosts of Mars to make it happen, but I finally drank the cool-aid!. “Transmarina 74 Yankee” is is the basis of the train.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=294149347&size=o

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1502936465&context=set-72157602246817497&size=l

In this pic, notice the woman waiting in rapt anticipation for the return of Trans-Reich 77 Ironpferde. You should welcome with open arms for bringing some estrogen to the sausage-fest...er Lego fest.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61671941@N00/1596222376/

6. My train will become the one MOC I’ll never dis-assemble. This is a HUGE violation of my personal orthadoxy:everything must return to the bins eventually.

I think that covers it.

Choo Choo, bitches!

-Keith

P.S. As for your own self-acknowledged fame Tim...what size would it be in geographical terms? East Elba? The Fuda Gap? Hokkaido Prefecture? You must tell me!