 Trains / 29384
    YA Steam locomotive —Benn Coifman
   (2 URLs) Steam engine full gallery> and (URL) passenger cars full gallery> (once moderated) As (URL) promised>, here's the information on my (URL) ten wheeler steam locomotive>. The prototype of the locomotive was built 100 years ago for the (...) (17 years ago, 11-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

        Re: YA Steam locomotive —Harvey Henkelman
     That is an excellent steam engine Benn, and thanks for the history lesson. Volunteering with a railroad museum can be a wonderful thing. Be sure to show your MOC to all your museum friends. -HRH (17 years ago, 11-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: YA Steam locomotive —Benn Coifman
     (...) Thank you for your kind words. Indeed, I've found volunteering at railroad museums to be very educational in so many ways, e.g., learning first hand that steam locomotives were such a work of art (a subtle tapering on a bearing here to get (...) (17 years ago, 12-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: YA Steam locomotive —Harvey Henkelman
     Oh and by the way, love how you mounted the bell atop the boiler. -HRH (17 years ago, 11-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: YA Steam locomotive —Christopher Masi
     (...) [...] (...) Benn, Well done. The cab details are very much appreciated. I also really like the detailing that you've added to the tender. I often neglect my tenders. The push rods, how are those connected? When did LEGO start making those 1/2 (...) (17 years ago, 12-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: YA Steam locomotive —Benn Coifman
     (...) Thank you Chris. The connector joints are part 44 and I think they have been around for a while. Indeed, it would look better with the smokebox and bottom of the firebox in dark gray, but a few of the parts are not available (sigh). Benn (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: YA Steam locomotive —Cale Leiphart
   (...) Great MOC Ben. As others have said the cab is one of the stand out features. Your interior looks awesome and is one of the areas I need to concentrate on more for my own steamers. Your design for the cow catcher on the pilot also looks good. I (...) (17 years ago, 14-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)