 Trains / 2932
2931  |  2933
Subject:
large vs tall things (was: Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 02:42:23 GMT

I would have to guess that when they get that big, it would probably be more
fair to go by weight as a judge.  How else could one compare something like
Eric Harberdasher's (sorry Eric, I couldn't remember your last name) tall
creations, like Alice in Wonderland, to sprawling short layouts.  Also, if you
only measure the highest and widest points, a  few 1x600x2 walls intersecting
with a 4x4x200 brick tower would be huge in shear dimensions, but in actuality
pretty small.

Do you mean me?  Eric McCarthy?  The top floor of the observation
tower I brought to the Baylug meeting was about 68 bricks high, with the
flag
about 12 above that.  But there are huge Lego towers that make it into
the
Guiness book of world records that dwarf even the largest things in the
Legolands.

/Eric/