 Trains / 29132
Re: Reply from Chris Di MasiRe: Hobby Train & 9V motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2007 14:30:52 GMT

Paul S. D'Urbano wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:
--snip--

{Chris has asked me to post the following as he's having troubles posting to
lugnet at the moment}

Paul and David,

  Yes, the models were tweaked after they were submitted by the LEGO
fans. Most of the tweaks involved removing unsupported building
techniques (the crocodile example that you noticed requires the
builder to take apart the little steering wheel assemblies) and some
models were tweaked to increase the strength of the models. David's
problems stems from the fact that the LEGO designers didn't think
that my original design was strong enough.

--snip--

Hi Tim and Chris,

Thanks for the explanations, I suspected these were the type of complexities you
guys had to deal with in bringing about this ultimately great set.  In
retrospect I hope my post didn't sound too critical.  Really the issues I
noticed were mostly subtle and no big deal.  I guess my reason for posting was
mostly to say that I could detect these small things and infer from it that the
logistics of such an ambitious project are the most likely reason for them.  It
was to give some supporting examples of why I suspected David's problem existed
- that it was the logistical complexity of managing the project that some
inconsistencies resulted.  I didn't mean for it to sound like I was complaining.
You all did a great job and I love the set.

Regards,¬
Paul

Paul,

   I don't think any of your posts have been too critical. Critically
evaluating a set is great. Honestly, I feel badly that two of my designs
that went out won't quite work with a motor. On the other hand, when I
built my trolleycar the original way, my son (almost 7) rather quickly
knocked off the parts that LEGO said weren't attached strongly enough.
   Thanks for the compliment.

Sincerely,
Chris

--