 Trains / 29125
29124  |  29126
Subject:
Hobby Train & 9V motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2007 13:57:47 GMT

I have tried to fit the 9V motor to the Hobby Train Tram.
The tram has 2 bogies on 8 studs long, the other 9 studs long. The picture shows
the motor, which is 10 studs long, replacing the 8 stud bogie. Therefore the
"buffers" have to extend 1 stud from the baseplate on either end - the picture
does not appear to show this.
The only way I could it wo work & look good was to replace the 9 stud bogie miss
out a small part of the under carriage detail and replace the 28x6 baseplate
with an older style with more holes.
I'm not happy with this result - the pictures show 9V motors - has anyone else
had problems?
David