 Trains / 29003
  36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three

I have just finished my third version of the 36 Axel Schnabel Car. This is more realistic looking than my last one. Real one can be seen here. (URL) Brickshelf folder. (URL) deep Links. (URL) is 192 studs long and can go through points. Let me know (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three

(...) Pushing the limits of length is quite a feat. The white accent on the trucks serves the overall look very well, and gives detail to what would otherwise unbalance the model. I like the smooth red tile for the bracing structure, but that seems (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

"Bruce S. Chamberlain" <sten@woz.org> wrote in message news:JG72pq.MBD@lugnet.com... (...) Absolutely a thing of beauty, and exactly the same length as the one I made a few years ago. Well done! -Rob www.brickmodder.net (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three

(...) Wow, Bruce... that thing's ... enormous... and very well done. I especially like how you've done the custom white brick-work on the trucks. That's one big railcar... I'd be curious if a single locomotive can pull it, since in terms of axles, (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three

(...) Rob, Thank you. Bruce (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three

(...) snip (...) Jordan, The trucks are Ross Neal's design. Making the outside pieces white made them look exactly like the pictures of the real one. The cascaded articulation is the same as the real one. My earlier schnabel car was backwards. All (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three

(...) James, Thanks for your comments. The white trucks are what motivated me to build this. I used the tile on the bracing structure because it tapered from 6 studs to 4 studs and this looked better. The black plates are decks and so I left them as (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)