 Trains / 28978 (-20)
  Re: Brickworld 10183 Hobby Train Challenge

(...) LDD 2.0 has a "filter" function that allows you to use only the pieces from the 10183 set, though it does not have the ability to keep track of the number of elements used from that set. The Hobby Train is LEGO© 's attempt to keep 9V trains (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld 10183 Hobby Train Challenge

(...) Jeramy, I haven't really used LDD. Is there a way to limit the parts to only those in the Hobby Train? And, while I'm at it, what exactly is the Hobby Train? (...) Sounds cool. I may have to give it a try. Thanks Steve (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Brickworld 10183 Hobby Train Challenge

This summer at Brickworld, I'll be hosting a train building challenge. Through this challenge, you will get a taste of what it is like to design a set with limited parts availability, much like the designers underwent while working on the 10183 (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX) !!

  Re: The Chief is Back-- Kind of...

(...) I need to follow this up with a reminder (to me) that I owe credit to Dave Vinzant on the use of the 2x2 curved bricks. Check his work out a few years ago: (URL) showed this to me "back in the day" ;-) and it must have been kicking around in (...) (17 years ago, 3-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDD Heavyweight passenger train cars

(...) Very nice indeed (...) I like this, I have some floated on a tile and plate assembly shown in BrickJournal, but they fall off too regularly, I think I will be retrofitting these to see how they go. Play Well Chris (17 years ago, 3-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LDD Heavyweight passenger train cars

(3 URLs) LDD Heavyweight passenger cars (URL) Full Gallery> I've finished my first take on Heavyweight passenger car designs in LDD and have made gratuitous use of the dark red bricks. I've made a set of five different cars. These cars were common (...) (17 years ago, 3-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Boiler idea

Hi all, Just playing around with a boiler concept. You could replace the headlight bricks by 1x1 technic bricks with plates to join the four segments but I kind of liked the look of the segments done this way ;) (2 URLs) MPD> Couple more pics in my (...) (17 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Infrared protocol of the RC trains?

Is there any information on the infrared protocol that is used by the RC Trains? (18 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal goes 6 wide! {:-0

(...) Not to parade on the rain, but I don't suppose you tried putting rubber bands or something to increase the friction between the plastic wheels and plastic rails? You know, like the good old 4.5v motor wheels. Benn (18 years ago, 30-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cafe Corner add-on module

(...) Here's the link to our RichLUG Virginia Aviation Museum Town once moderated: (URL) to our RichLUG member Bob for contributing the Cafe Corner to this year's display. Most MOC's built by Greg and Tim. (18 years ago, 30-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.richlug)

  Re: 5-wide containers

(...) I had pondered such a thing for doing an 'X' in 2-stud lettering, but it would be quite wide with the necessary supporting plates in the centre. Jason R (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: 5-wide containers

(...) That 'K' is outstanding. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 30 NEW Train Sets! -- Or Individual Hobby Train Models Pricing

(...) That looks pretty good. It's rounder, and the extra colours are a nice touch. I've thought of trying to redesign mine to be a bit lighter and easier on the parts count, though I originally built myself two nice grey ones using a spare pile of (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  5-wide containers

(4 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> Well I mentioned when I posted my road train that I might make some 5-wide containers and so I did. Heavily influenced by (URL) Mijasper's containers>. Tim (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 30 NEW Train Sets! -- Or Individual Hobby Train Models Pricing

(...) Here's a quick screen capture of the "finished" model. LDD 2,0 doesn't realy like working in half-plate offsets. Originally, I started with the headlight brick spine but the ends of the wagon seemed to curl up! Clipping ricks on the end was (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:JF5zLD.4DC@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) John: Thanks for posting the picture. The brown building looks so sweet! Tim (18 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Monorail System (MOC) - 360 degree roll - Videos!

(...) Thanks Matt :-) Here are a couple of videos of the roller coaster, my first ones: Flat circuit: (URL) degree roll: (URL) too bad I hope, considering it's not a movie camera. I had to use a floodlight as my earlier attempt came out too dark. (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Why is the search facility on the Factory Gallery so rubbish?

This (URL) brickshelf gallery> mentions that the pullman cars are available on the Factory site. I tried searching by 'railway carriage', 'railway-carriage', 'railway', 'carriage' and by looking through all the trains models with no luck until on a (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 30 NEW Train Sets! -- Or Individual Hobby Train Models Pricing

(...) Thanks - the offset is done by having four 'spines' running from the centre out to each end, made of headlight bricks. The odd ones are upright, the even ones bridge between them, face-up. They're colour-coded blue and black if you want to (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 30 NEW Train Sets! -- Or Individual Hobby Train Models Pricing

(...) I really like your cement wagon. In fact, I think it would make a great starting point for a model of the limestone slurry car pictured below; (URL) I've been wanting to model it for some time but I needed to see how you managed to offset each (...) (18 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact