 Trains / 28577
    New Train MOCs in 8mm scale —Mark Bellis
   Here's an update on the Train MOCs I've built recently. Finally completed the British Class 14 Diesel loco with BBB wheels and extending rods. Added the green grille tiles too: (URL) piece of ballasted track, with AWS magnet (UK train stopping and (...) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce.moc) !

        Re: New Train MOCs in 8mm scale —Timothy Gould
     (...) Hi Mark, While you've captured a lot of the details of the Class 14 quite well I can't help but feel that the model is let down by a few points. I really like your grille designs, particularly the slight outsetting. Also the handles on the (...) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: New Train MOCs in 8mm scale —Mark Bellis
     (...) At the time I built that part of it, I did not have the clear 1x1 slopes to do it. Certainly something I shall consider, though the windows are such an odd shape on the real engine that it needs SNOT 1x2 clear bricks as well, and the cheeses (...) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: New Train MOCs in 8mm scale —Tim David
   I really like your class 14, I think its your best loco yet which I spose shows how one develops ones skills. The combination of green and sand green gives an unusual (but prototypical) colour scheme. (For those that don't now what the real thing (...) (18 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: New Train MOCs in 8mm scale —Mark Bellis
   (...) Thanks Tim, a useful vote of confidence. I just tried 1x3 curved slopes but these will not give the correct shape - it's quite a steeply curved roof, even compared to other BR locos. I think a row of black cheeses at the sides will be the best (...) (18 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)