 Trains / 28101
Re: More Pictures from GWLTS-IV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:58:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Jason J Railton wrote:
   This is my picture library from the GWLTC display in the STEAM Railway Museum back in October. I went off to LegoWorld immediately after and forgot to point out these pictures.

Thanks to Martin Long and Mark Palmer for the use of a tripod to get these shots as it was quite dim in the museum. Other exhibitors were Huw Millington, Chris and Justin Dee and Dean Earley.

--snip--

Jason R

Great work as usual, Jason. The only one I’m not so keen on is the General Lee. It lacks a little compared to your usual work. Everything else though is lovely.

Tim

It’s just a pain with the General Lee, as everything is against you in Lego. There are no clear windscreens of a suitable angle, the best looking Creator wheels are too big for minifig cars, and these Junior wheels are too thick to work around. Even if you use stickers for the number on the side you still have to leave enough height for minifigs inside and it all ends up too high. The grille is a real pain at that size, but if you make the car any bigger it would be larger than the trains. All that and you’re limited to what parts you can get in orange.

Jason R