 Trains / 28099
Re: More Pictures from GWLTS-IV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:05:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J Railton wrote:
   ... My final version of Ivor the Engine - this uses a modified version of the IR train base for the wagon, cut and shut to 16 studs long. It then uses BBB wheels on the IR motor:

Something else worth noting on this design of Ivor, using BBB wheels on the IR motor. Although the buffers sit higher up on the model, if you attach buffer beams directly on the motor but attach the magnet clip to the underside of the buffer (instead of on top) it holds the magnet at just the right height to attach to ordinary trucks. The buffer beam fits nicely around the rims of the wheels too, without touching.

The only problem is getting power to the motor. Here, the rear buffer is set back a stud so I can put a 1x2 9V conducting plate on top of the motor contacts. I then attach the power lead on top of that.

This model does wheelspin a lot. It also slows down considerably in the corners, but can pick up dangerous speeds on the straight.

Jason R