 Trains / 28003 (-20)
  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

David... That's... Awesome... !!!! Derek (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> a smaller movie can be found here-- (URL) K (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

An idea forming in the mind many years ago was to take the pneumatic cylinders and actually make a 'steam' engine. Inspired by Trevyn a few years back at hte hobby show, when he showed up with a pneumatic engine that ran on the duplo tracks, I (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few train MOCs

(...) Here in North Carolina (USA), tank cars don't seem to come in very exciting colors - those belonging to Cargill are all black (Cargill ships grain products like vegetable oil and corn syrup in their tank cars). The other frequent operator, (...) (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few train MOCs

(...) If the situation in NA is anything like in the UK, black tankers carry heavy oils and bitumen etc. while lighter oils (petrol/gas) and other products are carried in coloured tankers. Its for a simple practical reason, spillages of heavy oils (...) (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: "Retro Factory" Motorail Terminal

(...) Hi Jordan, I'm not usually into retro-settery but you've done a great job making a model that stands on its own out of the limited pallette at Factory. Both these models have a real "Lego set" feel which is appealling. Tim PS. For the benefit (...) (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Freight National 82 Class

(...) I reckon it looks s**t hot, maybe a little large for 9v rail (hehehe) but I love it (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: The inevitable leap into 10-Wide Trains...

(...) You beat me to that answer by 17 mins. If only I hadn't been on late shift this week ;) Tim (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: RC trainbase

(...) X-posted to lugnet.trains, as I guess the owners of 7897 set are there :-) Didier (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The inevitable leap into 10-Wide Trains...

(...) --snip-- (...) Hi Mark, I suspect Dan is very familiar with that set. You might want to check the box to see why. Tim (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The inevitable leap into 10-Wide Trains...

(...) The buildings are a Blacksmith's forge kit and another one built as a mirror image! This is the old trick of using a decent kit to fill in a gap. I did the same with wagons - notice the 6 Octan tankers in the middle, just in front of the (...) (18 years ago, 25-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MOC: "Retro Factory" Motorail Terminal

Hi all, I've been working to recreate some of the great classic town/train sets within the bounds imposed by the piece assortment on LDD. The Motorail Terminal is, I think, one of the more impressive results of this project. And I've produced a (...) (18 years ago, 25-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: A few train MOCs

(...) Yes my precciious.... You might just be able to lure me indeed! Let me know when/what/where... Hey, speaking of, since I changed my email address, I've been unable to log into the Nelug site. I followed the procedure for changing one's address (...) (18 years ago, 25-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, FTX)

  Re: A few train MOCs

(...) something good coming of our recent tanker spill. Any chance we can lure you out to a future (URL) BrikWar>? -Teddy (18 years ago, 24-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, FTX)

  Re: The inevitable leap into 10-Wide Trains...

Sounds like we have a lot of building experiences in common. Most of the obstacles to large scale train modelling are familiar to me, since I've been working on GMLTC's 8-wide layout for the past five years or so. We found that the weakness of (...) (18 years ago, 24-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  A few train MOCs

Yay! I still remember how to build. I just used LDD to design some small train sets... Not sure if this link will work. You may need to copy and paste the string. If not, search for user Hendotron at the Lego Factory... (URL) details: The crossing (...) (18 years ago, 24-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: 7898 boxcar

(...) Did you check that catalogue more carefully about the locomotive too then...? Your locmotive has those lightning stickers with 9 volts on them, and those are nowhere to be seen in that catalogue that I got too! Greetz, Anton (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7898 boxcar

(...) Dunno. Presumably it cost more than a 1x4x3 panel, but its a bit cheeky putting it on the box and then leaving it out! Enough misrepresentation that you could complain to customer services, I would have thought. Instructions (URL) Tim (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  7898 boxcar

Hi, Got the winter catalogue and some other promo stuff on LEGOworld and suddenly I noticed something strange on the pictures of the red boxcar. On all the pictures it has an extention on one side, like a ventilation thingy. And I couldn't remember (...) (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The inevitable leap into 10-Wide Trains...

(...) Excellent Daniel! Nice to find a kindred spirit as I'm also an 8mm scale train builder (since 1996). (URL) I started from the other end - trains first, then scenery. I aim for the scale given by a LEGO track gauge of 37.8mm and real gauge of (...) (18 years ago, 21-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact