 Trains / 27815
  Rusty Freight Car - an experiment

Hi all, Knowing I have an interest in dirty models, Tim David told me to build (URL) this> well kept delight. I'm relatively pleasedish with what I made but would be interested in hearing other peoples ideas on how to improve it as I know it's far (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Rusty Freight Car - an experiment

(...) Its getting there but I think you (I?) have set yourself an impossible task. Maybe some grey and bley and brown and brrown combos would help? One small thing tho, its not a freight car, its a loco! Tim (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Rusty Freight Car - an experiment

(...) Nice job Tim. The improvements I imagine : Colors : replace yellow by tan. The colors must be washed out. When I look the original picture, the first thing which comes to me is the vertical lines, resulting of the rust which flown. I will (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: Rusty Freight Car - an experiment

Hi Erik, (...) Actually wasn't much improvement. It was too earthy and not washed out enough. Light yellow would be perfect but it has too limited a range of plates. (...) Do you think it would be worth sacrificing the horizontal lines for this? I (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: Rusty Freight Car - an experiment

(...) I can see the idea of this, but I'd take it further. The white is very bright and contrasts too much with the very dark rust colours. I'd lose the stripe (or use a different colour entirely - sand blue?) and swap the white for something (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)