 Trains / 27813
Re: A small (and my first) train animation done with MLCad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:44:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
Hi all,

after playing around with nearly all (common) features in POV-Ray - like
radiosity, media, fog etc. - I have finally started the latest excurse into
working with the clock variable.

Here comes my first small animation movie (1.5 MB) of the already known BR23
engine with BBB wheels and moving rods. The movie file has been generated with
the Windows XP moviemaker. More professional attempts may follow.

http://festum.de/1000steine/album/Brickfilme_by_ben/Film_Ben_001.wmv

Hope you enjoy it,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Very neat and I imagine from my past povray animation experiments that it was
very time consuming.

The one problem I have with it is the sky. It distracts from the train in the
first few seconds of the animation. Perhaps a smoother transition from floor to
sky would improve that.

Other than that one complaint though I have to say it's a great animation.
Really looks like the train is running.

Tim