 Trains / 27828
Re: A small (and my first) train animation done with MLCad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:26:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jindrich Kubec wrote:
Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:

Nice.

I see that the front window is 'pulsating'. It looks similar to my
problem I've encountered with animation rendering in PovRay. Have you
used radiosity or not?

My prob: http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=14023

Jindroush
http://www.kostky.org - For Czech Lego Fans

Dear Jindroush,

Jeroen has given a good explanation why the window flickers. I have now
exchanged the LGEO code for the part within the pov-file against standard coding
without LGEO and that problem is solved.

Since radiosity slows down the render speed veeeeery much, I do most of my
renderings without, even for none animated pictures.

Rendering time was now between 2 and 4 minutes per picture and in the meantime I
rendered thousands of pictures with different camera movements and tests
regarding anti alias and different lights. So radiosity is no good option for a
model with 1500+ parts like here.

The quality is suffering under the movie compression anyway: the 110 pictures
have a size of 27 MB in total, but the movie has only 1.5 MB.

The best way to watch my animation is to use Irfan View and look through the
picture gallery. My computer is even faster that way: the movie maker allows not
more than 8 pictures per second, while irfan flips the pictures faster than that
(and without compression due to png-file format). Of course the compression of
the movie is needed for the internet exchange: you would surly not want to
download 110 pictures for a few seconds of moving pistons....

Leg Godt!

Ben