 Trains / 27808
Re: Articulation with "working" connecting rods
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 00:53:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Sebastian Dyson wrote:
I'm trying to design an 8-wide 4-8-4 using Big Ben's wheels

snip

Another option is to have no connection between the rods on the wheels and the
cylinders and have the cylinders turn with the leading truck, which seems a
little like cheating.

Actually I wouldn't call that cheating at all, I'd call it compromise. And as
far as I'm concerned, compromise is fine (even necessary!) in building LEGO
models.

I would probably do something like Teunis did in his S-class, but don't continue
the rods into the cylinder

And then move the cylinders with the bogie. Or if you have a double hinge on
your bogie like on my X class, you may be able to attach them to the middle
section, so they don't move quite as far sideways.

ROSCO