 Trains / 27566
Re: Wear out patterns in LEGO train motors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:34:09 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
   So... through NELUG, I have been involved in the Millyard project in the SEE Science Center in Manchester, NH. The other day, we took one of the engines off the track, and removed it’s dead motor. The motor had died because the springs had failed (no real surprise there). .. Chris

Chris-

I’ve been thinking about finding replacements for the wheel contacts in LEGO train motors. At our May SCLTC event, I spoke with a visitor about the problem. The guys is a mechanical engineer and familiar with motor contacts and stampings. We have followed up by email and I hope that something comes of it. If we could whistle up a 1000 contact sets, we could keep a lot of motors running for a long time!

-Ted