 Trains / 27303 (-20)
  Re: Turkish E52000 engine with TVS2000 cars

(...) It's true... I do love sand green ;) If I thought I could get away with it I'd do the blue in sand blue too. But... you are probably right. Depending on plate and tile availability in dark blue I'll do up a version with green and dark blue and (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Turkish E52000 engine with TVS2000 cars

(...) Yes, I think so. But I stopped suggesting regular green to Tim, instead of sand green, long ago. He just loves sand green to much..:-) Cheers, Selçuk (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Turkish E52000 engine with TVS2000 cars

(...) Nice work (as usual) Tim. Whenever I get around to working in Ldraw, I'm coming to you for settings, for they are KILLER:-) One question on livery colors. It appears to me that regular LEGO green and dark blue are closer to the proto colors. (...) (18 years ago, 24-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New track mod: 10-stud-curve

(...) I thought it would be something like that, but your "parawellagram" pieces are in left-hand and right-hand forms. A pair of these short curves aren't of any fixed direction. I could have made lef-hand and right-hand 20-stud S-bends, but these (...) (18 years ago, 24-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Turkish E52000 engine with TVS2000 cars

Hi all, Turkish style railroads - I just love the livery of the engine. Some pictures of the real (URL) engine> and (URL) car>. (2 URLs) BS gallery> (URL) MPD> Special thanks goes to Selçuk Göre for reminding me of Turkish trains and helping me with (...) (18 years ago, 23-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.tr, FTX) !

  Re: New track mod: 10-stud-curve

(...) snip (...) i'm sorry!!! i didn't notice that post. yes it's possible to make the s curve you're talking about with parts i've allready made. 2 half curves and a parawellagram will do it. ondrew (...) (18 years ago, 23-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New track mod: 10-stud-curve

My first track mod was the now fairly common point with a 2-curve side-branch. I'd always wanted to do the opposite - to move the track over with just curves. Now I can, thanks to this little piece; a 10-stud curve: (URL) to Gallery>> <- click for (...) (18 years ago, 23-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: Classic 2-Wide Trains

(...) Fantastic! These are some of the most fun 2-wide microscale trains I've seen... I especially like the way you've done the tracks and the landscape! :) Sean (URL) seankenney.com> (18 years ago, 23-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Classic 2-Wide Trains

(...) Seconded! No trans yellow anywhere. Honest to goodness Pete quality MOCs. Wanna a few pointers for conversion to N guage so they actually run? ;) JB (18 years ago, 23-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Classic 2-Wide Trains

(...) Seen these in the brick and they are sweet as the proverbials. Excellent work Pete! Tim (18 years ago, 22-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Classic 2-Wide Trains

Here are some 2-wide trains I've been pottering about with over the last few weekends. Ah, sweet memories... (URL) The rest of the retro gallery is here: (URL) Enjoy! (posted on behalf of) Pete Reid (not just a robot builder) (18 years ago, 22-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX) !!

  Train Turntables

I think I've done a pretty thorough searching lugnet and brickshelf for train turntable examples. But, I still don't think I have found the definitive example of a roundhouse turntable, both aesthetically and functionally. Anyone want to offer their (...) (18 years ago, 22-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Chessie GP35

(...) Beautiful work! I love the lettering--Mark (18 years ago, 22-Apr-06, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - New LEGO Store Display installed

(...) And no fumble-fingered klutzes dropped it this time! :-D - Kelly (18 years ago, 21-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Chessie GP35

(...) That's some seriously good schleim you've got there. Excellent work, I was ogling it on BS earlier. Tim (18 years ago, 21-Apr-06, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BLTG Train Show Next Weekend

Just to let those interested know that the Brisbane Model Train Show is on next weekend, 29,30 April & 1 May. Once again the Brisbane Lego Train Group, BLTG, will have a display there. This is the fifth year we have a display at the Brisbane Model (...) (18 years ago, 21-Apr-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  GPLR - New LEGO Store Display installed

Hi All, We installed the latest GPLR display at the local LEGO store in the mall. Pics and details are avaiable at our web site: www.gplr.org SteveB (18 years ago, 21-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Chessie GP35

Keeping with my purist nature, and not willing to use stickers of any kind, a fellow NGLTC member, Lewis Valentine, challenged me to build the Chessie cat logo small enough to fit on an engine. I gladly accepted the challenge and here is the result: (...) (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX) !!

  Little Norwegian Shunter NSB 2 842

Hi all, It's been a while since I've made a new train here (and even longer since I posted one based on a prototype) and I was feeling a bit of withdrawal so I went hunting for something fun to design. My search stopped at (URL) this> cute little (...) (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.no, FTX)

  Re: FINAL Spamcake Diner™ Iteration (Dark Red:-d)

(...) Excellent. Dark red is such a wonderful color! Have you considered a plate layer of dark red underneath the yellow roof? Kind of sandwiching the yellow part between dark red? (...) I am disappointed in myself. I usually keep relatively (...) (18 years ago, 19-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact