 Trains / 27284
Re: FINAL Spamcake Diner™ Iteration (Dark Red:-d)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:39:34 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, John Neal wrote:

Yup. I finally did it. This is the second modification of the TCLTC’s version of Tom McDonald’s Spamcake Diner™. Thanks again to Tom for sharing his inspirational vision with all of us:-)

The first change was going to pink for the windows. I thought that that was a nice touch, considering the namesake dish of the diner. And although I like the red/yellow/white color combo, my obsession with the color dark red got the better of me. But I never expected the macaroni brick to come out in dark red, so the point was, as I like to say, mute.

Excellent. Dark red is such a wonderful color! Have you considered a plate layer of dark red underneath the yellow roof? Kind of sandwiching the yellow part between dark red?

But then quite by accident I came across this element which came out in dark red last year.

I am disappointed in myself. I usually keep relatively up-to-date with what parts are available in what color but I didn’t know these were available in dark red until you mentioned it in an email.

Excellent job, John! Dark red is King!

Best,

Jonathan