 Trains / 27153
Re: 9v Train status report.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 06:46:25 GMT

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Eric Kingsley wrote:

[First, what we have been authorized to release.]

+ LEGO will continue to sell the current 9v system including the train motor,
  metal tracks and the speed regulator through LEGO Shop at Home and LEGO Brand
  Retail only, from mid 2006.

Ouch.  First TLG, after offering a train set
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/65537
to train/hobby shops, wouldn't actually supply the product, and now is
cutting the smaller stores that have been faithfully carrying trains out
of the loop.  A stride forward for vertical integration, perhaps, but not
the sort of thing that's going to give small toy stores warm fuzzies for
TLG.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/