 Trains / 26996
  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) If you plan to put connecting rods on the drivers, you'll want to get 4 large wheels with flanges and 4 that are blind, no flange. The blind drivers will allow you to run through curves, and place the wheels closer to each other If you want (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) Thanks for the pointers! I had already planned on purchasing the blind drivers, but I was planning on having my drive wheel arrangement with a flanged driver first. Why do you suggest having a blind wheel first? Do the pistons hide the (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) Your welcome, I haven't actually built a steem engine this large, but I've been collecting ideas. (...) This is a long engine and unless you are articulating the boiler you'll want to balance the swing out at each end of the engine. The simple (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

This is my wheelbase: (URL) For this engine: (URL) Train>> I'm not actually using blind wheels; I make the middle wheels able to flex in, but it's extremely fiddly and you're better off with blind ones. The main thing this wheelbase does is attach (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) This is a good example of the first methode: (URL) Mat (18 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)