 Trains / 26867
Re: New Images of 2006 Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:40:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh wrote:
   LEGO has provided ILTCO with some new images of the 2006 Trains. Check them out in the ILTCO Gallery: The new images start after the box images.

http://www.iltco.org/gallery/viewalbum.php?setalbumName=album41

Thanks Mike and ILTCO!

Something just occurred to me and maybe I’m just clueless, but it appears to me that the wheels on the green croc are new, a la BBB small wheels, using a technic axle. Does the ICE train use the same wheel type? And if not, then I assume that the wheels come off the motor block easily. What occurred to me is that these remote control motors could be used in many other applications by replacing the train wheels with gears, essentially turning the “train” motor into a generic remote controlled motor.

Or am I missing something here?

The only thing you missed is people saying the same before. ;-)

These pics are the first ones where it has been possible to properly see the wheels,they look like cheap BBB knockoffs! (baecause the spokes are only relief mouldings) Pity they didn’t go for disc wheels with technic axle holes to provide more variety. I can’t see the wheels on the ICE being any different.

As far as I can tell actual motor unit is not really specifically a train item at all, more like

    5011 9V Basic Motor
1 element, 0 figures, US$27, 1992
LEGO > Accessories > General
in a different casing (which is a good thing) It would have been better still if they had put holes for a centre axle in too, or even unpowered stub axleholes.

Tim

   JOHN