 Trains / 26853 (-20)
  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) I only worked from two pics of the Hornby set and one picture of the real loco in its standard livery. I'm really, really bad at finding prototype pictures so your advice is very valuable. (...) Very nice design. I look forward to seeing it (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) Nice effort, Tim and James. This is especially interesting to me (and Ross) because we (in the sense that I acquire the needed bricks and he assembles them;-) have studied the Hogwarts Express at length, from finding pics and schematics online (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) Hey look - on that same page is Larry's (URL) Center Flat Car with Transformer>, in the same colors even. Cool! -Matt :) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) Tim and James- It's just gorgeous! I want one under my Christmas tree (and on top of our next SCLTC layout)! -Ted SCLTC (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) There is nothing new under the sun. I just discovered the following, without looking for it. So it seems to be destiny that I should share it: (URL) Pony-ear-SNOTted macaroni boiler from 1966> That page also shows some micro-scale trains, one (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Replacement Wire

(...) Tom- You can use almost any convenient type of wire wire to run your 9-volt trains. Stranded 16 or 18 gauge might be optimum and can often be had particularly in the form of paired speaker wire or lamp cord. At SCLTC, we use the 4-conductor (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Central Florida Brick Day - March 4, 2006!

Once again it time for Central Florida Brick Day! This year it’s on Saturday, March 4th. The day starts at the Plant City Train Show in its new venue at Hillsborough Community College in Plant City, Florida with a display by the Greater Florida LEGO (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) That sounds really neat. Can't wait to see it. (...) For a mathematician my skill at counting was sorely lacking. There's always the next version. Tim (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I meant (either that or I am misunderstanding you) My thinking was that the sides would be much the same as you have them, but the whole panel would be slightly off the vertical, so the coach is maybe half (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) The original version James sent me had a full curve sloping in at the bottom and top. The prototype cars seemed to me to only curve in at the bottom and I wanted to keep the window design as it was so I just did the bottom half. (...) The (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Replacement Wire

(...) Ondrew, Thank you for the info. I'll use your suggestion. Tom (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

Nice, I have been considering the use of the new 1x3 curved slopes for the tumblehome of coaches too but as usual I am far too slow! The difference with my idea was that the whole side would slope in slightly towards the top, how it would mate with (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) It was funny to see your post as I had James' boiler design sitting in my inbox from a couple of weeks ago. It's also similar to an idea I considered for my Russian L class steamer but decided against for the reason that it would be too hard (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round

Thanks everybody for your appreciation. As was pointed out the black 1x1x2/3 slopes currently exist only in the (URL) 4418 Dino Pod>, which contains three of them. So that would be a lot of Dino Pods! In my defense I can say that I sort of expect (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) Heh, why did I have this feeling when I was working on my 4 studs wide macaroni boiler, that I had to hurry up or else I'd be beaten to it by somebody else? ... I like the wagons the best, with their curved undersides; that's what English (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) As usual, I knew I'd forget stuff. PPS. Now cross-posted to .harrypotter and .announce.moc PPPS. I'd like to thanks James for asking me to work on this PPPPS. Now Martin Nilsson knows why I was teasing him about macaronis PPPPPS. And the (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.harrypotter, FTX)

  Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

Hi all, A couple of weeks ago James contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in working on a preliminary design of a Hogwarts engine he had made. It was good timing since I was getting rather bored with no new projects so I started. Firstly I (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round

In lugnet.trains, Martin Nilsson wrote: SNIPPY Not bad! The whole thing is quite unassuming from the outside, but the internals are packed with good SNOTtery and function! Reminds me a lot of my own (URL) WDM-2>. I like how you did the buffers on (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round

(...) Sorry This was ment for the Swedish speaking group lugnet.loc.se /Mattias (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round

(...) Hej Martin Grattis till ännu en tjusig model. Kul med folk som bygger med svenska förebilder. Jag har studerat dina dat-filer och det verkar som du har stor erfarenhet att bygga med riktigt Lego också - stämmer det? Hoppas att du snart kan (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact