 Trains / 26815
Re: A story how a collector became a consumer again. was:old trainsets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:29:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   ... For now I have no plans to buy the new trains. But maybe when they are cheap enough at some time, maybe I like to test them as brickyard. but I will not switch to the new track system - (I have 100+ meters of 9V now). I did that twice, because gray was better than blue and 9V IS better than 12V (although remote control of points and signals are missing). I know I am not, but I felt again like a standard consumer then and bought 95% new LEGO sets/parts till blay came up (which is another story). I am not addicted to LEGO. I use and enjoy it, but do not collect it. That’s it! ...

I think I should point out that despite Ben not actually collecting Lego, he did turn up to Legoworld in October of last year with probably the best MOC train layout on show.

Jason R