 Trains / 26796
Re: Differences between instructions and cover photo of old trainsets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:23:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Clark Stephens wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
I have several copies of the blue wagon 131. The instructions show one
left door (the other door is not clearly visible). Most of my copies came
with right doors. None of them were MISB, so they could have been rebuild
without taking care of the type of the door.

The Peeron inventory has been changed to show two p/n 33 right doors.
Ben, your picture shows a right door on one side, are both doors the same?
http://www.fgltc.org/bwoabs/trains/blue_era/pi359.jpg
That picture also shows the small ledge window as described, and as listed in
the Peeron inventory.

Dear Clark,

now things become funny to me. You check my homepage for reference while I am
causing a mess from wrong memories... ;-)

I am sorry but I cannot check the 131 any longer: I gave up being an collector
of LEGO trains 4 weeks after I got the last missing piece into my collection (as
told often enough, I paid roundabout 100 bucks for the whistle of set 138).
Ironically I started with breaking down the collection right with that very set.
But 131 and lots of other were away a short time later. Since this 131 came from
a train collector into my hands (and it never has been broken down ever by the
first owner), you can be sure: for the shown model everything is originally from
a sealed 131 box. I have no sticker sheet, sorry.

But I have checked now my set 119 (98% sure this is containing nothing but
bricks from 119). This has very similar waggons and mine contained 4 times doors
with knob on left hand side (part 33).

For another set I remember (who will believe me now?) it contained three left
and three right doors: train station 342. I am very sure to remember this right,
because this has been the first building ever for which I had recognized the
difference in the door design.

And by the way: thank you for bringing this topic to my attention! While
checking my old 119 box I found two sealed 10020 boxes, which I had bought long
time ago and hidden under the 119 to avoid discussions with my wife. I had
forgotten about these sets as well. I'm getting really old, man....

Ben

If you have any other corrections for this set, or even the number from the
sticker sheet, please let me know.

Thanks for the information,
Clark
Peeron Admin