 Trains / 26812
Re: Railcar slash Woodlouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 23:19:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Martin Nilsson wrote:
   Hi!

This is a model of a railbus from the firm of a certain Mr Hilding Carlsson, who produced a great many railcars in Sweden between the 30’s and 60’s. Most of them had this characteristic look with the fronts leaning inwards.

The particular class that I’ve modelled is Yo1s, which was the third variant of boogie railcars for normal gauge. This class had a comparatively high and wide body; its proportions were closer to a normal train than to an autobus. So I’ve done it in 8-wide just like my other train models.

Very nice! I recognized the model right away, before reading the text. I have read a book about Swedish railbusses a while ago, yes in Swedish! Although I am not Swedish (I’m Dutch) I could understand most of the book. I do like the design of the early Swedish railbusses. I’m looking forward to see more designs from you. Perhaps even built in real bricks.

Play well, Niels