 Trains / 26687
    CABR buildings and your opinions —Ondrew Hartigan
   hey all, i updated my gallery with some buildings i'm working on as well as a couple pics of my trains from nwbc. anyway i would love to here your thoughts on the buildings as well as how my CABR project is going in general. i really do want to make (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: CABR buildings and your opinions —Timothy Gould
     (...) Hi Ondrew, While your town and trains are excellent, what really strikes me about your layout is the bequatiful landscaping. I consider it the most accurate and interesting landscaping I've seen done in Lego. I particularly like the way you (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: CABR buildings and your opinions —Ondrew Hartigan
     (...) I really must thank Brian Williams of The Royal Train for the angled road idea. Angling the road afforded me the room for added depth and interest while challenging my mind at the same time. So far it has worked and kept me extremely (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: CABR buildings and your opinions —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) I love it. I have been following your progress for a while now. It gets better with each newly added element. The river and bridges inspired me to make sure I put a river or urban canal in my layout. I just love the entire approach you've take (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: CABR buildings and your opinions —Ondrew Hartigan
     (...) Well I wish you luck on the river / urban canal project. There are really 2 things that make it a success. 2x2 round bricks and the snot road. The snot road let me point 2x6 bricks pointed down to tie the bridge into the understructure of the (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: CABR buildings and your opinions —Tim David
   (...) I too have been following your progress with interest. To my mind what you are attemting to do takes Lego scenery modelling to the next level, you seem to have recognised that the world isn't nice and square and is in fact full of odd angles (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: CABR buildings and your opinions —Ondrew Hartigan
   (...) I commented in another post about the hardscape but thank you for noticing. It has taken forever to get it where it is now. I’m about 14 months into the project. True! The super tanker river is planned for 2007, ok probably =). The truth of (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: CABR buildings and your opinions —Timothy Gould
   --SNIP-- (...) You could try five-wide cars. If you use the wider wheel plate (part 6157) and regular small size wheels they come out at almost exactly five wide. I find that odd number also let you easily do things like 'angle' the car in to a (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)