 Trains / 26587
  Small town building reference

Hey all, Over the last month or so I’ve started taking pictures of all of the interesting buildings in my suburban Chicago area. I'm taking these photos for several reasons but most importantly I’ve taken them for you, the community. My hope is that (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) --SNIP-- (...) Thanks for posting these Ondrew. It almost tempts me to try building some US style buildings. I find it really hard to find pictures of regular buildings online so I'm glad you've decided to add some. Tim (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) your welcome tim. it's nice to know that someone other than myself will get some good use out of them. ondrew (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote: Thanks for making that available. I have some proto info in this folder and its subfolders (URL) (there is no f=2 and f=1 is Kevin's own...) The "Chicago area buildings" are probably 1/2 Gaylord and Co... but (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Hey, this is a great idea! I think it would be great if people from different cities around the world were able to do something like this. Also, maybe Kevin could sidebar them on the town homepage. We could create an inspirational resource for (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) This is excellent! And just in time for your contest, too. Oh, and one more thing- can you get a picture of an Oscar Meyer Weinermobile? (2 URLs) Tony Hafner (URL) www.hafhead.com> (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Good reference, Ondrew. I took some pictures of downtown Kalamazoo, which would fit a similar purpose. They are here: (URL) -Jason (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Nice. I love the tall 2nd floor windows in this shot: (URL) Jonathan (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Assuming you're serious: (2 URLs) Weinermobile Gallery> (after moderation) Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Thanks, Ondrew! This should be a very useful resource. I often take pictures of buildings around town (Baltimore) for LEGO purposes, and your example has inspired me to post the ones I have and take some more. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) I believe the Weiner mobile comment was actually an inside joke stemming back to a field trip to the Lego store while I was in Seattle. However since I’m horrible with names I could be wrong. Either way I got a chuckle out of it. ondrew (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) I took a few of buildings while in San Francisco, although most are of the Golden Gate bridge and other random stuff: (URL) ignore all the rest :) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) (I could have sworn that I posted this reply yesterday but I can't find it so I'm posting it again. Maybe I just forgot to hit submit or something. Weird.) Very nice work. Great idea. But you forgot one newsgroup: lugnet.build.arch. I added it (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Great Idea and pictures. Is the name of the Ice cream parlor a coincidence? (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) well ya actuly. i did like most people do when there bored i googled myself. I found out that not only was there a HARTIGAN'S Ice cream parlor but it was in northern illinois. about 3 weeks later i happened upon it on my way to a date so i (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Yep- I was behind the wheel. ...of the van, not the rolling meat. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Sounds like a good fun contest idea. Maybe when the current town contest ends, and there are more "cities" (as discussed earlier) in photos online. We could do a new contest like this. I am thinking an added twist though: We choose from a list (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) why not do it for the current contest? there's nothing stoping you or anyone else for that matter. i've only gotten 3 entrees so far so it would be a welcome idea. besides you have untill march or longer if i decide to extend the deadline. (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) ooo, great! In that case, maybe I will. I am already half-way through my current submissions. I am awaiting bricks to complete them as of right now. Hopefully I'll have them within a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I won't be able to (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Here's my gallery so far: (URL) Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Here's another resource I stumbled upon - a Library of Congress collection of pictures of buildings all across America, from the present going back to the 30's: (URL) Historic American Buildings Survey/Historic American Engineering Record> (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) An awesome ref. It also has a lot of good bridge and dam related images, drawings and so forth, I've been relying on it for some of the Wikipedia articles I've done lately. (18 years ago, 21-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) OK. My gallery of Manchester (the original one) shots. Just two pics so far but I will add more to it so check back every so often. (2 URLs) Maj after moderation> Tim (18 years ago, 22-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) --SNIP-- (...) Hi all, I have somewhat duplicated Tony Alexander's (URL) over on (URL) BrickWiki>. My reason for doing this was to have a page where we could edit and add the links ourselves. (URL) Brickwiki page> Please note that anyone can (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Tim, Excellent! I like your link organization (AFOL/other resources) better, and love the idea that anyone can add their own link! I did think it important, though, to credit those who provided 'other resources' links as much as possible, as (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) And thank you for adding a link to it on your page. I've added a link back to the page to provide credit. Since BrickWiki is meant to be more of an encyclopeadia it is unusual to credit the information provider but since I nicked the (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Thanks! And thanks for helping me with protocol - I know nothing about this stuff. Time for me to get reading up on BrickWiki. Peace and Long Life, Tony Alexander (18 years ago, 28-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Hey all, Well I’ve been at it again. The other day I visited Geneva and St. Charles Illinois and took some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Most notable of the photos are 2 theaters. The Geneva Theater was featured in the recent movie "Road (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) Cool. Thanks for posting these. It is quite timely that you post pictures of theatre's. I have just finished one and just rec'd the B-Link order today to finish another. PS: snooping around on Brickshelf and I see updated pic's of your layout (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference/ theater's

(...) hey jonathan, good to hear from you and i'm glad it was timely! i just started to think about building the theater so i figured i better take some pictures. got any pictures to share of your theatre project?? i might need to "barrow" some more (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference/ theater's

(...) Thanks! I should be able to post pic's of my theater's this week. I just rec'd the parts to complete the 2nd one today and might have time to complete it this evening. (...) I think the wheel arch piece would be perfect for those windows. The (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small town building reference

(...) It took me a little less than a year to get out and take some photos. (URL) I got on the subway, took it 5 stops out further into Brooklyn, and walked home in a zig zaging manner. The area I went though is called the Gowanus section. It is (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.town, FTX)