 Town / 9977
Re: Small town building reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:38:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   Hey all,

Over the last month or so I’ve started taking pictures of all of the interesting buildings in my suburban Chicago area. I’m taking these photos for several reasons but most importantly I’ve taken them for you, the community. My hope is that this new gallery will fill the reference void and provide tons of ideas.

http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=105107

   If there is interest in this, I’ll volunteer to do the NYC area.

Jonathan

It took me a little less than a year to get out and take some photos.

http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=165173

I got on the subway, took it 5 stops out further into Brooklyn, and walked home in a zig zaging manner.

The area I went though is called the Gowanus section. It is rather industrial but a number of the factory type buildings are now converted into artist spaces.

I also took some pictures of the brownstones in the neighborhood I live in.

Hoping to provide some inspiration . . .

Jonathan