 Trains / 26518
Re: Seven wide Koef Shunter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:10:09 GMT

   Looks great, Tim. I think the smaller models require more clever bits to be convincing such as the use of the 1x6 arches. 7-wide is beginning to grow on me too!

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your comments. I agree about smaller models being more fun. I love having to find ways around problems that would be so simple to solve in eight-wide or larger.

But... don’t get into seven-wide!!! Seven-wide is pretty much doomed if we don’t keep getting the 9V stock. That said, if I can I’m going to cut the baseplate off the battery pack and see what I can do if I’m forced to.

I try to use it only for wide prototypes like Russian and Indian, partially because I like using the standard train plates and partially because I consider myself a six-wider. I see seven-wide as wide six-wide. This one was an accident as I thought it was wide gauge from the first pics I saw and by then had decided on my plan.

Tim