 Trains / 26168
  Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train

Hi all, Yesterday I saw (URL) train> and just had to build it. The problem was, I'd sworn to myself to avoid Alco-like diesels as so many people have done them so well. (URL) Well, as you can see in the end I relented (to myself) and went ahead and (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train

(...) That grille work is excellent with the fence parts used to create a thin vertical line segment between the protruding grilles. Thanks for highlighting this bit of detail work. Really nice! later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train

(...) I forgot to mention in the post (and to X-post to .schleim) that I've added the grille work separately to BS to make it easier to see the technique. You can find it in this (URL). Tim (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train

(...) I like it a lot and just love the color scheme. Even the dark bley cab roof. All the colors work very well. I wil be giving this a brick build attempt quite soon. Best, Jonathan (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train

--SNIP-- (...) Hi Jonathan, Glad you like it. If you really do plan to build it, I suggest you check out (URL) here> for the proper instructions for the grille. The one in the train MPD is incomplete. Tim (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train

(...) Hey, That is a great looking engine. The whole mismatched sand blue-blay thing adds a bit of realism to it. After all, most engines aren't the most beautifully maintianed :) Chris (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)