 Trains / 26042
  Re: NR-75 - The Ghan (The way it should have been done ;-) )

(...) Hi me Peter again I forgot to add in my last post also that I find the "Post Heading" very offensive "NR-75 The Ghan (The way it should have been done)" Now I know you smiled at the end of it but I feel that Tim Gould posted the original Ghan (...) (19 years ago, 17-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: NR-75 - The Ghan (The way it should have been done ;-) )

(...) Hi Peter, Thanks for the defense but don't worry about the heading. It was a joke between Samarth and myself. I was actually the other end of the 24hr build challenge and we've been having a mini scale war off Lugnet for a while. Of course the (...) (19 years ago, 17-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: NR-75 - The Ghan (The way it should have been done ;-) )

(...) Sorry to you both I didn't know what was happening and I thought it sounded rather "course" obviously stuck my foot in it please delete last posting Cheers To All Peter (19 years ago, 17-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: NR-75 - The Ghan (The way it should have been done ;-) )

(...) No offense on my behalf. If you didn't know the history it's an easy mistake to make. Tim (19 years ago, 17-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: NR-75 - The Ghan (The way it should have been done ;-) )

(...) Gee, I'm sorry you found it offensive. As Tim has already explained, this is a bit of an inside joke, and I can see how the heading can come off as offensive to anyone not in the know. Apologies. Legoswami (19 years ago, 17-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: NR-75 - The Ghan (The way it should have been done ;-) )

(...) Scaling is sooo complicated. It's hard stuff for me to understand. So I skip all the fancy measurements (or rather use them only as guidelines) and use my eyes to judge how big a model should be or where so-and-so grille should be placed in (...) (19 years ago, 17-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)