 Trains / 25963 (-10)
  London Underground D78 Subsurface Stock

Mind the Gap! (URL) This is my D78ss train. It is the second of my three LU creations and the second one to be functionally complete (the first still isn't). (URL) The D78 stock (or just 'D stock') runs solely on the District line and numbers 75 (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.underground, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized microscale train

In lugnet.trains, Brad Hamilton wrote: <snipsnip> (...) At first I also tried to attach plates to the bigger chain links (at some point I even considered using glue), but the other option you have is sticking one end of the big link into a technic (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized microscale train

(...) Ah yes, crossposting. I think the concept finally stopped eluding me ;) (...) There is a little gap between the baseplate and the magnet below, but the pull between both magnets is so strong that they'll stretch the chain a little and come (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Simple idea for level crossing

Hi! I got an idea for an automatic level crossing - a simple one with lights only. It is based on the motors possibility to supply power through the wheels. The idea is to cut a short distance (e.g. 1 cm) of track, so we can use that as a sensor (I (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized microscale train

(...) Simple elegant design. but you forgot to crosspost to the most important group, Microscale. :) The inverted baseplate is such a simple idea, one question though, do the magnets have to be pressed up to the underside of the baseplate, or can (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Motorized microscale train

I really like this idea. I had tried using a chain drive for a small cart ride (URL) my design, I used one of the "fat" chain links to attach a plate, which supported the cart. I had problems with the plate falling off every so often. Also, there (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) i agree on the ratio 2:1 but for the colors i would rather see all of the green parts as dark green. now yes dark green is more valuble which would make a good excuse in its self but the real reason is dark green is more valuble to (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Wouldn't this palette be for those people that want to build MORE trains than what the sets with motors enable? I may not be average, far from it, but I have **plenty** of motors already, and hardly ANY tan 1x4x3 train windows. (== "none" ) So (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) I haven't seen the 9v train motor included in the palette, I would think that this is an essential part of any train. Or even the new RC motor. Why is it that Lego can produce 3225, 4511, 4551 with a motor for just a little more than they are (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: London Underground 1995 Tube Stock

(...) Thanks so much for showing this. I was actually on that train on the Northern Line on Sunday musing about how to build it in Lego and was very pleasantly surprised to see it appear yesterday. It is such a faithful reproduction in six wide that (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.underground, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact