 Trains / 25903 (-20)
  Re: Train Factory palette

Here are some details of our process (walkin the NDA fine line here, so bear with me)... Imagine if you were asked to come up with ~40** unique (specific shape and specific color) parts to add the LEGO Factory palette for a train factory palette. (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

I agree. Those parts, if made in 2 and 4 wide would be absolutely fantastic. Too bad they are not available in any significant quantity right now. -- Bryan "Jonathan Lopes" <jlopes@abramsbooks.com> wrote in message news:IMx251.1G9F@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Though I am more of a town guy, I'd love to see these available for passenger train roofs in good quantities (and, the right colors: Bley, Dark bley, Black, Reddish Brown) (URL) Jonathan (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) I was wondering this myself. What is a train part? There are some obvious ones, track, wheels, buffers/couplings, train motors, train base/bogie plate and any new control components for the new infra red system. However the nature of Lego (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Assuming that the train palette has the same basis as the existing factory sets, parts will be used and the bags containing them will be bought. Therefore, for the purpose of the factory concept, any parts that are not unique to trains could (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Factory palette

I've been working on collecting the parts need to create LEGO versions of some trains available in CAD format from Brickshelf. There is a steep learning curve associated with MLCAD, etc. And I understand the frustrations echoed in other threads. But (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains is the tidiest

(...) lugnet.space and lugnet.castle could also be nominated ;-)...and many others. (...) That's a point I agree totally. Thank you Tim, great job. (...) Didier (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Trains is the tidiest

I'd like to nominate trains for the tidiest and up-to-date-ist sidebar on Lugner. Thanks Tim for doing such a good job. It's the only group I come to directly (as opposed to from the recent activity page) as I know the sidebar is so useful. Thanks! (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Brick Junction Expand...

The citizens of my tiny little Sierra Nevada town needed to tend to their spiritual needs. So a preacher moved in and soon a nice little church, complete with cemetary, was seen on the street: (URL) The whole spiritual gallery: (URL) Steve (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.western, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new switch designs...... help needed!

(...) Just thinking out loud here.. maybe consider a 16-stud offset (1 track length), primarily because it would be easier to join your track with, and not need a cut track to mate up with a 4 or 8 stud offset. it would make your double Y 48 studs (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The Train Show *Upcoming LEGO episode!

I have not watched "Prototypical Trains & Operations - Operations Road Show NMRA Cincinnati, OH” yet but it is from the NMRA show. My Tivo recorded it today, it will be on Direct TV (379 RFD Rural Free Delivery) 9/15 12:30 am, 9/15 6:30 am, 9/19 (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Fujita micro town from Japanese fest

Hey all, Apparently the annual LMO festival was held this past week in Japan. Shinya Fujita (of the LEGO Star Wars Trilogy fame) has a great (URL) microscale town layout> (3 URLs) (cross-posted to .trains because there some great micro-trains and (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: new switch designs...... help needed!

(...) Ondrew, I see you have a single slip at 45 degrees there. I remember seeing a 22.5 degree crossing someone made from 2 straights, so that if two tracks were 32 studs apart with a switch on each and a straight connecting them, another track (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: new switch designs...... help needed!

(...) I was checking out a real three way point (switch) while waiting for the train home. The one in question has quite a large offset. However I don't think you need to worry about having both points set for the outside roads at the same time as (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The Beginnings of a Wild West Town

(URL) Not much to it yet. I modified the blue building a bit since the last time I posted it. Neither of them open. I didn't have the tiles or the plates to make floors and roofs that could lift off. Maybe some of the other ones will be able to. (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.western, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new switch designs...... help needed!

(...) you make a good point. i should be able to use a 4 or 8 stud offset with little or no huge problems. either way i think it's going to be fun which is what matters anyway. ondrew (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: new switch designs...... help needed!

(...) The double-Y will be difficult to do with both switches at the same position. You'd have to have some way to ensure both aren't set to reverse (curved) at the same time, and a reliable way to direct the train when both are normal (straight). (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  new switch designs...... help needed!

Hey all, While at the NMRA show this past July I was talking with a few people about the custom switches I make and I was given a challenge. In short the challenge was to make these: (URL) Now that I have some free time I would like to take on this (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: F40PH-2 MOC

Chuck Kabesh wrote: [snip] (...) look forward to seeing it. Hey, just got through to BrickSelf (11:59 pm). (...) Nice twist. Though yours are so different giving me credit seems silly, but since you did... thanks :) I ldrawed (shudder) those trucks (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's here.

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote: (URL) (...) Look at the centre of the picture carefully. There's an old style white-coloured 9V battery box (8x4x2 studs) placed upside-down with the help of 2 1x2-1x4 brackets (note the grey strip adjecent (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact